Employment for Christian Education
Coordinator of Christian Education
To apply, please send complete resume to: Southminster@SouthminsterStLouis.org
Southminster Presbyterian Church in Crestwood, Missouri is actively seeking applicants for a Coordinator of Christian Education. It is a part-time, 20 hours per week-average with Sundays, some evenings, and special events required. The Coordinator shall be employed by the Session of Southminster Presbyterian Church, upon recommendation of the Christian Education Elders and reports to the head of staff.
Provide leadership in the areas of Christian education, congregational growth, mission, and membership involvement in collaboration with the Christian Education Elders and Pastor. This person will develop, implement and enhance programs to provide meaningful fellowship, discipleship, worship, and mission for the Southminster family. We seek a person with vibrant Christian faith, love for children, and a heart for equipping parents, other adults, and other children to grow in faith.
General Purpose of the Position:
Create a vision for ongoing youth engagement, set goals, and monitor progress.
Extend the ministry of Southminster to new families and youth
Weekly Responsibilities: Develop a youth engagement program, communication with new and existing families, work with staff and volunteers, Sunday morning programs, preplanning for all events.
Monthly/Quarterly: Attend Christian Education Commission meetings, supply writeups for newsletters and bulletins.
Special Events: Coordinate Christmas, Easter, promotion, VBS, community outreach, occasional mission, fund-raising, and worship events.
1. Create and implement a high-quality program of Christian education for children and young adults (ages 0-20s), designed to enable them to develop and grow in their Christian faith.
2. Plan and implement regular youth engagement events for students age 12-18.
3. Plan an annual calendar of events in collaboration with the Christian Education Elders and Pastor that has intentional follow-up activities to keep attenders engaged for future events.
4. Recommend Sunday School curriculum for all ages. Recruit, train and support Sunday School teachers.
5. Coordinate all special presentations, programs, and activities of Christian Education such as Bible presentations, Christmas programs, teacher commissioning and recognition, and other events.
6. Effectively communicate and promote activities and events to the congregation and community.
7. Communicate regularly with the church office about the church calendar concerning dates and times for education activities. Email all newsletter items and bulletin announcements by weekly deadlines. Maintain an online presence. Attend staff meetings.
8. Actively encourage children, youth and adults to participate in activities, worship, music and educational activities of the congregation and serve as liaison for adult education programs.
9. Maintain records and expenses.
10. Ensure that Child Protection policy is observed in all youth ministry activities.
11. Perform other duties as assigned.
To apply, please send complete resume to: Southminster@southminsterstlouis.org